Pages

More sad news, sigh

Kaiser my baby, my German Shepherd who is 'attached' to me and is my baby, started having seizures early Friday morning see this post   http://aussiepup.blogspot.com/2010/10/two-dog-emergencies.html

So anyhow, he recovers from it then at 9am has another one. I was home alone (just me and the dogs) and it was scary. Then he had one about 5 hours later....then one at 7p and then one at 9:30p (the vet said he could have a cluster---yep that is alot of them) but the directives were to keep a log of them and when/how often.

Well, it never got any better after the 9:30p one. He had one that I know of at 12:20a which was pretty intense (he may have had other small ones that I don't know of).....and after that he didn't really seem to get any better. At about 2am he had another one and it's been that way for the rest of the morning; seizure after seizure. It is heart breaking.

I am going to pick up some meds for him today but I don't know how I will get it down into him. He is complete out of it, never has come out of the seizure mode like he did before. I know he is exhausted but it's kind of hard to give medicine like that to someone isn't awake/eating/drinking. And I don't want to get my hand bit either :(

This has really been one of the most awful 24 hour+ of my life. And I have been awake for all of it

2 comments:

Bandit's Pack said...

We will keep you and Kaiser in our thoughts at this difficult time. Bandit and Pack♥

Ryker said...

We wish you and your baby well. You all have been having a really rough time lately, and we are so sorry for your pain.