Pages

Not everyone's cup of tea

A friend was over and asked how I was doing after losing Kaiser right on the heels of Leo...I said, doing ok, considering.  But we just got Kaiser's ashes back and they are sitting right next to Leo's, over there on the fireplace....he was like 'ummm, ok'  ( I do believe he thought that was the most bizarre thing he had ever heard of).... do you think it's weird?  
We have had many dogs over the years and have never had their ashes....until we moved here to Arizona where it was finally affordable for us, when our old dog passed away.   

The CLINIC where we took Kaiser to have him humanely put down, also offered a clay imprint of their paw, which was at no charge.  I thought that was just the nicest thing and sobbing at the time, said of course I wanted it (I would have paid for it too!)

So anyhow, here is a picture of Kaiser that I like (it is leaning against the frame with a different picture of him in it) along with the pawprint.  My hubby found the little easel to put it in. 

Time is healing the pain of loss, each day is easier...knowing he is at the Rainbow Bridge gives me comfort.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I took most of my past dogs' ashes and scattered them on the prairie nature center, their favorite place for an outing. I scattered Storm's ashes while there was snow on the ground because she especially liked snow. It took awhile before I was able to scatter the ashes - maybe a few months. I saved a few ashes from each and keep them in a small cedar wood box. So no, I don't think it's weird at all. I really like the footprint idea too.

Ryker said...

There is no right or wrong in these matters. I am glad that each day is a little easier for you.
I believe that animals view death in a much more practical manner than we do. Your Kaiser and Leo will be happier when your pain lessens.

D.K. Wall said...

I have received the ashes from any of my previous dogs, but now I regret not doing something like that and will with the next dog that passes (may it be a long time). I have heard of people having the ashes placed in jewelry and paperweights and all sorts of colorful ideas. My opinion - to each his own.

Reena G said...

It's been five years since our older dog passed away and I still have his ashes..I guess I just can't part with all that I have left of him.

I agree that each has to deal with the their loss in their own way....we placed Leo and Kaiser's collars on the boxes that hold their ashes and the dogs spent time sniffing over there....I think having the collars there without the 'dog' helped the remaining ones in some way.... or maybe I just want to think it did! :)