Pages

It's been 2 weeks

since we had to put Leo down.....the remaining four dogs were quite confused when we came home that day, wondering where Leo was.

The next morning, Bluebelle put her head on the outdoor couch (patio furniture) where Leo would lay a lot, especially that last week.

Bluebelle was also the first to find Leo's ashes (the following day), tucked away on the corner of the fireplace. His collar is wrapped around it.

Next to find the ashes/collar was Boomer then Kaiser. They all spent a bit of time sniffing it. As far as I know, Sam never has found it.

I think once they found Leo's collar they realized he wasn't coming back and kind of went on about their lives. I guess a bit like closure for them.

I do catch them sniffing the collar every so often.

2 comments:

Ryker said...

I am glad that your other dogs are accepting rather than seriously grieving. I think that animals are more realistic about life and death than we humans. I do not deal well with loss but it is more of a selfish thing on my part...I just miss them so much.
~Sandy

Mack said...

It is so very sad when our best pals leave us.
Please give everybody some sugars for me.
Love,
Mack